Saturday 26 March 2011

Super Saturday

As you will know the past few months have had their ups and downs with some real highs (such as the amazing holiday in Las Vegas) and some really bad lows (Mr P's battles) but yesterday was a good day.

In fact it was a bloody awesome day because his very lovely consultant gave the news that the chemo has done the trick and shrunk/killed off the nasty cells threatening our happy little life. He's not totally out of the woods yet but for the first time in so long I feel I can exhale all the way out without crossing my fingers. For my boy Mr P is just the most cherished thing in my life, I'd even go so far as to say I'd give up all my Filofaxes and maybe even my iPad if it would help. I mean that's quite a lot no?

And this evening he makes his comeback appearance with his band Hybrid. While he's been off fighting Star Wars type battles he's had a little break from gigging which for him is like having a break from living. He eats, drinks, lives music and playing. So for him to feel so poorly to not feel able to gig shows just how ick he really felt - despite his super positive attitude 99% of the time.

So tonights comeback is the start of claiming back his life. And in a little way it's the first step to me being able to believe that my life can begin again too. Fearing that you are about to loose your soulmate can encroach on how you view things quite considerably from not wanting to go anywhere or see friends (or even talk to them occasionally for fear of breaking down in floods of tears of anger at it all) to not being able to give your A game at work - which I hate as I love my job. But when you spend time out of the office and spend time there distracted means I know I wasn't giving my normal 110% which frankly isn't me.

So this evening I will be having a glass (or 5) and really enjoying myself watching him do what he does best while doing what any groupie does best - get trashed wearing fabulous shoes and dance like a maniac, clap like a loon and then snog the face off the bass player.

Then tomorrow (post hangover) I'm going to say a little thank you to the powers that be whomever that might be and tell them that seeing as they've hopefully given me a second chance that I'll spend the rest of my days making sure every day is a Super Saturday

Lx

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, that is truly excellent news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news Loulou. I am really happy for you both!It was wonderful to meet you yesterday. I had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and say hello to your pocket Deco and Personal Adelphi for me too! I miss them! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to hear the news. :o) Love and hugs to you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete