So ages ago I wrote this post (11th April to be precise) about the fabulous Where Are My Knees blog and being inspired by these gorgeous ladies to be a bit better and healthier with my lifestyle. I figured with it now being July (tomorrow) it was about time for an update...so how have things gone after making my lofty ambitions public knowledge?
Well, badly would sum it up well...my original goals were as follows:
1) Loose a stone before Glastonbury festival swings around (now over cue very sad face)
2) Exercise 3 times per week (gym, long walk, dancing etc etc)
3) Eat my 5 a day and reduce the junk from my diet
Well of these I have lost a couple of pounds but not the 14 I was aiming for....
I also haven't been exercising as planned, I have been to a Zumba class and loved it so need to go back again and I am doing the parking further away and walking to the office bit so that is helping...plus I must have walked miles and miles and miles at Glastonbury Festival (although I guess the cider will counteract any good that did!)
As for the diet, it's been very hit and miss frankly. I have been eating more fruit and veg but not enough by any means to be classed as a healthy diet!!
I have been attempting to use the Pocket Fitness App - which while fab and clever just depresses me more than anything as it feels like I can't eat or drink anything. Much prefer my Slimming World plan where it is simple - eat this, limit this and count these...much much easier and I don't feel like I'm being deprived (or starved!)
So, time for a new set of goals
1. Saturday 6th August is Glastonbury Extravaganza where I am going with lots of family and friends and that is 5 weeks away. If I aim for a 2lb a week loss that would be 10lbs...I do like nice easy maths and that would certainly make me feel much better (and hopefully reduce the old bingo wings down a tad)
2. It is *gulp* my 34th birthday in September (eek I'm getting old...did I say 34 I meant 24 obviously) so that is time goal number 2 - 11 weeks from now (and therefore another 6 on from GE) means I should - based on my 2lb a week goal - manage to shift by then a total of 22lbs or 1.5 stone (yep I used a calculator for that one and yep this includes the 10lb mentioned above!)
3. Then the next one would be Christmas party season so another 12 weeks on from my birthday brings us to mid December ready for my Work Do - now another 12 weeks at 2lb would mean 24lbs BUT bearing in mind my birthday, our anniversary, a potential Paris trip and other bits and pieces (and the fact that my track record ain't so hot) I'm going to aim for 14lb so another stone and an average of 1.2lbs per week...
If I achieve all of these goals that would be a whopping 2.5 stone - and that would be AMAZING!!!
So wagon nice to see you again - let's become friends again and please get me motivated to:
a) Move my arse
b) Be more selective about my food/beverage choices (cider off the menu for a while, vodka and diet coke in)
c) Be focused, stay positive and enjoy being a tad healthier to my insides :)
I'll keep you posted.......