Wednesday 2 November 2011

I Love Harper's Bazaar....

So I was at work on Monday, miserable cold weather outside the window feeling all the Monday blues when I got a phone call on my mobile. As I didn't know the number I let it go to voicemail (well I was working very hard at the time). When I picked up the message at 5.30 you could have knocked me off my chair! It was only a lovely lady from Harper's Bazaar asking me to give her a call as I'd won the Filofax competition they ran in the last issue...

Yep. You read that correctly. I WON A FILOFAX IN A COMPETITION!!!! Like a real proper competition for something lovely. And I won. I never win competitions!!!!!

So which one was it I hear you cry, well, I'll let the photos do the talking!

I literally ripped open the envelope
Lovely note from Harper's Bazaar
Of course the box was lovely as always
Can you see which one it is?
Yep! It's an Enigma, in Brindle, the one I was lusting after here but was mega expensive!!!
Out of the box and the leather is so soft and smooth, almost silky shiny to touch, and the colours are really warm and autumnal. All in all one very chic looking Filofax I think you'll agree!
I love the metal edging on the clasp fastener
Inside front you have a zip pocket, a full length pocket and 6 credit card holders plus the pen loop
Close up of the pockets 
A cotton cream 2012 week on two pages was included (yay I needed this diary format!!) plus all the usual dividers/paper etc
Close up of the pockets
The inside back cover has a popper pocket
I quite like the idea of this it's similar to the Deco as that also has a popper pocket
The back!
The close up with flash on the camera means the colour looks really washed out. The rest of the photos are a really close match to the actual colour but you can see the pattern well here. 


So there we go, I am a super lucky Filofax fanatic tonight with this gorgeous new addition to my collection!! As I never would have bought it at full price as OMG it's expensive as you can see on the Filofax website

So what do you think my lovelies? Do you love the Enigma or do you think it looks like roadkill like Mr P  who clearly has no taste apart from in women and diamond rings ;0)

Lx

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo, you got your roadkill Filofax!!! Congratulations!!! Now you can think of something else for Mr P to buy you for Christmas... Erin Condren anyone :o) LJx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!!! wow, so happy that things are going well for you - Mr. P, the engagement, Paris, now the filofax!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LJ thank you I'm sure I can think of lots of things hehe but an Erin Condren would be super lush!

    AspireToBe aaah thank you, I do feel incredibly lucky at the moment it's all a little unreal that so many lovely things should happen but I'm so so happy especially after how horrible the start of this year was

    L x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Congratulations! You have a lovely collection of filos. I think you need to do another family pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CP I think you may be right! I'll make a note to do that soon :0) Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. O how great for you that you won! I must admit that I did not like this model at all when I saw it in the London shop this summer, but you love it and that is what counts. Please post as you have set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlinmaths you are not alone my other half thinks it is horrible and roadkill ;0) but I really like it hehe Still it's not as lovely as the Deco though Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a subscription but I never spied a filo competition!!!!!!!!!!! which issue was it in? I love it!!!!! mainly cause it looks like a rorschach (spelling?) test and i'm nuts
    xxxxxxx
    p.s i'm from dorset originally too and it'd be weird if i knew you i.r.l (but i doubt it cause here it looks like you're actually receiving post... which doesn't happen in my home town..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that's awesome! congrats! i like the enigma. i think it's haute! can't wait to see how you use it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing competition win, well done :)
    Not too sure about the Enigma & think I'd have to see it in the flesh. However, it obviously looks very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, jealousy aside - it's great to hear of such nice surprises actually happening! I saw Enigma in the shop and LOVED it, so I'm definitely positive you'll think of a great setup for it. Don't forget to post about it! Enjoy your lovely filo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats! it's a great looking filo and how much more fun to have won it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!
    I never win anything, let alone a super-duper EXPENSIVE filofax!! Well done you!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete